64°
Delivering Digital Prep News Since 2024

The Little Hoya

The Little Hoya

The Little Hoya

Ithaca’s Forgotten College

Ithaca College located in Ithaca, New York, is a private liberal arts college established in 1892, by a young local musician named William Egbert. Ithaca, New York, is in the heart of New York State’s Finger Lakes region, about midway between Manhattan and Toronto, and is surrounded by lush forests, rolling hills, and numerous pristine lakes. Ithaca College is known for its renowned programs in health sciences, including physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech-language pathology, and athletic training. Also, its specialized programs in communications, performing arts, and health sciences, emphasize a strong liberal arts education, offering a wide range of majors and interdisciplinary studies. Something that makes this college stand out from the rest is its dedication to sustainability initiatives. The college has implemented various sustainability practices, including green building initiatives, renewable energy projects, and waste reduction efforts.

In the Ithaca College School of Business, you Learn from professors and advisors who know their industries inside and out. You have the ability to plan for the next big idea in campus-wide business competitions, manage real portfolios worth close to $1,000,000, or launch your own startup with support from local Ithaca entrepreneurs. In the School of Health Sciences and Human Performance, better known on campus as HSHP, you learn skills to help people lead healthy, satisfying, independent, and productive lives. The health sciences-based curriculum, experience in hands-on labs, and practice in on-campus clinics prepare you well for professional roles. Ithaca’s Business and Health Sciences and Human Performance school graduates go on to become leaders and professionals who contribute to their communities. Whether it’s through starting businesses, providing healthcare services, or advocating for better policies, these individuals make a positive impact on society.

Ithaca College provides a diverse arrangement of on-campus housing options, spanning from traditional residence halls to suite-style apartments. The halls are supplied with modern amenities such as communal lounges, study spaces, and recreational facilities to create a comfortable and supportive living environment. Through structured programming and community-building initiatives, students have the opportunities to form meaningful connections, cultivate friendships, and hone valuable life skills. Additionally, Ithaca College enriches the residential experience by offering a wide range of student organizations and extracurricular activities, including academic clubs, cultural organizations, recreational sports teams, and performing arts groups, enabling students to pursue their dreams.

Donate to The Little Hoya

Your donation will support the student journalists of Georgetown Preparatory School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.